Slowly approaching the hill. Still don't sense anyone nearby. He's supposed to be here!
"Gradil..", said a voice behind him. He instinctively kicked back, his foot hitting nothing then suddenly grabbed in a hold. He dropped to his hands and struck with his other leg. He made contact, his leg released he was now back on his feet.
"Efa don't bleed too much now.", he said to the boy he just hit. Gradil dashed at him, sliding a step before redirecting the momentum through his body to his fists aimed at the boy's head. Suddenly there was nothing in front of him, and heat directly to his back.
"Why did you ever think you could land such a beginner move, and how many times have I told you not to call me that?" Before Gradil could move, his back was being hit. Each one as precise as the next. His body paralyzed unable to move.
Realizing he didn't have many options left, Gradil activated his PSYCHO frame. A basic version, his body was covered with dull grey armor plating. Feeling came back to him, now faster than before he regained his bearings. His HUD displaying an enemy signature to his right. Without looking he launched head first towards the target.
"I have you now!", yelling at the top of his lungs. Just before contact another signature popped up and suddenly he was on the ground. His PSYCHO frame deactivated and weight on his entire body. Gradil looked up and saw a large man whose foot was on his back.
"I told you not to activate your frame, didn't I?", Gradil could hear the annoyance in his father's words.
"Dad if I didn't Efa would have beaten me right there." The foot came off him, Gradil picked himself up dusting himself off.
"Efaeye fantastic counter, how's your nose feeling?". Gradil's father asked the other boy.
"Thank you Commander, but it's not like Gradil isn't easy to read." Efaeye stood next to Gradil blood dripping down his nose. "It's broken, but should take no more than a few minutes to heal."
The Commander staring at Gradil, his face as stern as every, "I understand that you think that was your last option, but I expected more from you. How many times have I told you..."
"NOT to rush in", interrupted Gradil knowing where the scolding was going. He looked at Efaeye, cocking his right eye, "You suck you know that?"
"Boy, I'm not done talking to you, you know what I'm going to say and yet you still continue to make the same mistakes. You're going to get yourself killed like that." The Commander shaking his head in disapprovement.
"I'd rather make the first move than wait to get hit", retorted Gradil. Cluching his fists, his face glowing hot with anger.
"And that's what makes you predictable, idiot". Efaeye chimed in beautifully, angering Gradil even more. Fed up with both of them Gradil started to walk back home from the training grounds.
"I'm still not done", yelled the Commander. Gradil still walking not paying him any mind. After getting down the hill he approached the Satellite Station.
The Station wasn't much to look at. To Gradil it was more of a large room. Not really used since before The Great Betrayl. Only real reason why it was even in use was because the Commander used it to train them since they were 6.
No comments:
Post a Comment